The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) team is happy announce the upcoming online Métis Early Learning Family Socials for Métis early learners between the ages of three (3) and twelve (12) years and their families.
The first Métis Early Learning Family Social event will be held on Family Day, February 6, 2021. The Socials will focus on family and spending time connecting with one another. Families will be learn about Métis culture, history and way-of-life from an early learning perspective. Children will participate in hands-on play-based cultural activities in a safe and engaging manner. Parents will also have the opportunity to learn more about the MNO’s programs and services.
Métis Early Learning Family Day Social Event
Saturday February 6, 2021
Two time slots will be offered as options:
10:00 AM – Noon EST or 1:30 – 3:30 PM EST
Sessions will be held online over Zoom
Families can register for the morning OR the afternoon social. This social event will be available for children and families who meet the following criteria:
- One parent or legal guardian or child must be a Métis Nation of Ontario Citizen and must reside in Ontario
- Have at least one child between the ages of 3 – 12 years and one parent or legal guardian present during workshop
- Ability to access the internet and have a device to connect to Zoom
- An Interest in learning about Métis history and culture from an early learning perspective
- Willing to participate in a digital environment
- The application must be completed by the child’s parent or legal guardian
- Acceptance priority will be given to those who have not previously attended or participated in any ELCC camps
- Those who are not initially registered will be added to a waitlist for any openings before the start date
- If you are accepted but subsequently unable to attend, we require notice no later than January 29, 2021 to allow opportunity for another family to participate
Families taking part will have required materials supplied to them and other required materials will be covered by the MNO ELCC program.