2013 is a big year for the Métis Nation of Ontario! It marks our 20th anniversary as well as the 10th anniversary of the historic Powley decision.
The MNO is looking for communities interested in hosting the 2013 Annual General Assembly (AGA) and encourages all chartered MNO Community Councils to consider submitting a business plan.
Each business plan should include:
- The name of the person who will liaise with the MNO head office and his/her contact information;
- A plan for a social event to be organized by the host community the last evening of the AGA;
- A list of venues suitable for AGA activities (arenas, halls, theatres etc) providing information about their capacity, availability and rental cost;
- A list of accommodation options (including camping) available in your community indicating their locations, capacities, availability and cost;
- Options for planned social events in your area (for example in past AGA’s planned social events included Boat cruises, campfires etc);
- An indication of your Council’s volunteer capacity.
Please forward your business plans to Doug Wilson, MNO Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com by October 1, 2012.