Facilitator Eligibility Criteria
Citizen of the Métis Nation of Ontario or a MNC governing member.
Applicant may have a Métis citizenship application in progress with the MNO registry (or a MNC governing member), in which case continuance in the program will require a favourable Registry assessment of the application.
- Enrolled and attending a post-secondary institution
- Have completed at least one year of studies
- Committed to fostering a community of Métis learners
Throughout the academic year mentors will be responsible for the following:
- Attending an MNO Infinite Reach two day training session
- Be available throughout the academic year (September to April)
- Initial meeting with incoming students in September
- Being knowledgeable of funding opportunities for Métis students
- Being knowledgeable of community council and Métis Nation of Ontario events and programs
- Connecting incoming students with available student services:
- Academic Counselling
- Counselling Services
- Disability Services
- Health Services
- Connecting incoming students with the Indigenous Student Resource Centre and spend
at least two hours a week in the Center
- Organizing Powley Day activities (September 21, 2011)
- Organize information session and cultural events throughout the year
- Encouraging students to self-identify as Métis within the institution
- Encourage students to subscribe to the MNO Postsecondary Distribution List
- Present and promote postsecondary opportunities to Métis secondary school students
Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) Infinite Reach facilitators will be part of organizing academic and cultural events throughout the year, some which have particular importance to Métis people. These events include an information session to assist students in connecting with student services as well as cultural activities on Powley Day (September) and Riel Day (November). These events provide the opportunity for Infinite Reach facilitators and members to come together and reconnect on various occasions throughout the academic session.
Eventually, the MNO Infinite Reach network will grow to support facilitators and network members at every postsecondary institution attended by Métis students in Ontario.