- The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) only collects personal information when you give it to us voluntarily, for example, by filling out a form or survey.
- The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) does not sell or lend your information to any third-party marketing group.
- We may gather information about traffic on our web site so that we can continue to develop the site to better suit your needs. This does not include personal information about you, but includes information about your visit on the site such as:
- The name of your Internet service provider, its IP address and the name of your service provider’s service.
- The length of each visit.
- The number of requests per visit.
- Your type of operating system (Windows, MacIntosh, Unix, etc.)
- Your browser type (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Canadians are protected by two federal privacy laws, the Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). PIPEDA is based on the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which is incorporated into the legislation. Organizations in Quebec are subject to the Quebec private sector privacy law. Oversight of the law is in the hands of the Commission d’accès à l’information.
For the purpose of this disclaimer the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) will be referred to as “The Organization”.
General Disclaimer of Liability
The service and content from or through this site are provided “as-is,” “as available,” and all warranties, express, or implied are disclaimed (included but not limited to the disclaimer of any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose). The information herein may contain bugs, errors, problems, or other limitations. The owner of this site assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content contained on this site.
User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Owner and its affiliates, licensors, content and service providers, participating publishers, authors, dealers, and suppliers harmless from any liability, loss, claim, and expense, including lawyer’s fees and expenses, related to a User’s violation of this Agreement or use of the Web site. All responsibility or liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic files or at the site is disclaimed.
This site contains links to other Internet sites. Such links are not endorsements of any products or services in such sites, and no information in such site has been endorsed or approved by The Organization.
All remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information communicated to The Organization through this site (collectively, the “Submission”) will forever be the property of The Organization. The Organization will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential, and will not be liable for any ideas for its business (including without limitation, product or advertising ideas) and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in future products or operations of The Organization. Without limitation, The Organization will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Submission of every kind and nature everywhere. The Organization will be entitled to use the Submission for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other person sending the Submission. You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material you submit, and you, not The Organization, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.