Métis Early Learning Family Social
July 24, 2021
Métis early learners and their families can tap into their creativity during the next MNO Early Learning Family Social on July 24, 2021. Held each month, this month’s theme will be crafting! The registration for this family social runs until July 9.
Like previous socials, these online events are available for Métis early learners between the ages of zero (0) years and twelve (12) years and their families. Going forward, each family social will focus on a different theme as the children participate in hands-on play-based cultural activities in a safe and engaging manner.
The Family Socials will run once a month on a Saturday, with three (3) time slots per Social to choose from: 10:00am -12:00pm (EST), 1:00pm-3:00pm (EST), and 4:00pm-6:00pm (EST)
Families will be able to register for one (1) time slot per Social.
Registration period runs until July 9, 2021
The social events will be available for children/families who meet the following criteria:
- One parent/legal guardian or child must be a Métis Nation of Ontario Citizen and must reside in Ontario
- Have at least one child between the ages of 0-12 years and one parent/legal guardian present during workshop
- Ability to access the internet and have a device to connect to Zoom
- Interested in learning about Métis history and culture from an Early Learning perspective
- Willing to participate in a digital environment
- The application must be completed by the child’s parent or legal guardian
- Acceptance priority will be given to those who have not previously attended/participated in any ELCC camps
- Those who are not initially registered will be added to a waitlist for potential openings before the start date
- If you are accepted but then unable to attend the social, we require at least 5 days’ notice to allow opportunity for another family to participate
Selected families will have any required materials for the Social supplied to them. Any other required items will be paid for by the MNO ELCC program. You will be provided with the amount that will be covered and the method of payment when you register.
For assistance, please email:
A list of upcoming Métis Early Learning Family Socials can be found here.
For additional MNO Early Learning and Child Care programs and services click here