Nomination Deadline: Tuesday, February 18, 2014
About the Ontario Arts Council Aboriginal Arts Award
- The annual award honours a distinguished career and outstanding achievements by an Aboriginal artist or arts leader in Ontario.
- The winner receives a $7,500 award and is invited to nominate an emerging Aboriginal artist who best exemplifies the next generation of Aboriginal leadership in the arts. The nominated emerging artist receives a $2,500 award.
Who is eligible for this award?
- Ontario-based professional Aboriginal artists and arts leaders are eligible for this award.
- Nominees can work in all customary/traditional and/or contemporary art practices: craft, dance, integrated arts, literature, media arts, multidisciplinary arts, music, theatre or visual arts.
Who can submit a nomination?
- Any Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada who resides in Ontario can nominate.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations from members of the nominee’s immediate family (spouse or equivalent, son or daughter, parent, sibling or member of the immediate household), members of the nominee’s organization’s board of directors, employees or employers of the nominee will not be accepted.
How to nominate a candidate:
- Download the award guidelines and nomination forms for information about nominator and nominee eligibility criteria and the nomination process.
- To have a paper copy mailed to you, contact us at 416-961-1660, 1-800-387-0058 (toll-free in Ontario) or email@example.com.
For more information, contact:
- Carolyn Gloude, Associate Awards Officer, at 416-969-7423 or 1-800-387-0058 ext. 7423, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.