- Programs and Services
The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) is pleased to offer the MNO Post-Secondary Education Support Program to help Métis students access high quality education and achieve their dreams. With this Program the MNO is offering post-secondary education funding to help Métis students reach their highest potential.
To qualify for the MNO Post-Secondary Education Program applicants must:
All Métis students who meet the qualifications are encouraged to apply. The MNO Post-Secondary Education Support Program provides financial support and assistance for college, undergraduate, graduate, and advanced degree programs. This includes Advanced Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree (BA), Undergraduate Degree (all years), Master’s Degree (MA), and Doctorate Degree (PhD) programs.
For apprenticeship, certificate, diploma, or professional certification programs, please contact your nearest MNO Education and Training office to see if you are eligible for other employment and training program supports. The application is free. Once you have applied you will be notified by email as to the status of your application. For this reason, please ensure we have your correct and up-to-date contact information at all times.
CONTACT: If you need help with your application or would like to learn more about the Program please contact email@example.com
1. How do I apply for financial assistance through the Post-Secondary Education Support Program?
You can apply online through the Métis Nation of Ontario Program Application Portal. If you require accommodations in order to complete the application or have questions about the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Must I be a MNO Citizen to receive financial support through the Post-Secondary Education Support Program?
Yes. This program is open to Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) Citizens. This includes those who are currently in the registration process. You will be required to upload a copy of your card or a letter from the MNO Registry during the program application process.
3. How can I receive a MNO Citizenship card?
For more information on obtaining MNO Citizenship please visit the MNO Registry Webpage or call their toll free number at 1-855-798-1006.
4. I’ve submitted my application for MNO Citizenship but don’t have my card yet. How do I get a letter from the MNO Registry?
To obtain a letter from the MNO registry please email email@example.com or call their toll free number 1-855-798-1006.
5. I am not a resident of Ontario but I am a MNO Citizen. Am I eligible to receive financial assistance from the Post-Secondary Education Support Program?
You may be eligible if other criteria are met. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
6. Do I have to be attending a Post-Secondary institution in Ontario to receive financial assistance from the MNO?
Not necessarily. As a MNO Citizen, you may be eligible for assistance to attend a Post-Secondary institute outside of Ontario. Support for Post-Secondary education programs outside of Ontario will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
7. I am taking a program at a Private Career College. Am I eligible?
No. Programs at Private Career Colleges are not eligible under the Post-Secondary Education Support Program but you may be eligible under the MNO’s employment and training programs. Please contact your nearest MNO Education and Training office to find out more.
8. If my application for financial assistance is not accepted can I appeal the decision?
It depends. If your application was not accepted due to the eligibility criteria not being met or a lack of available funding, there is no appeals process. However, if your application was not accepted for a different reason an appeals process is available. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
9. What programs are eligible under the Post-Secondary Support Program?
The Post-Secondary Education Support Program is ideal for the following program types: Advanced Diplomas, all years of an Undergraduate Degree including Bachelor’s Degrees (BA), Master’s Degrees (MA), and Doctoral Degrees (PhD). For apprenticeship, certificate, diploma, or professional certification programs, please contact your nearest MNO Education and Training office to find out more.
10. If I am currently enrolled in a Post-Secondary Program can I still apply?
Yes. You can apply for the MNO Post-Secondary Education Support Program if you are a current post-secondary student and not funded by another MNO education and training program
11. I have student loans from prior years. Can I apply for funds to pay them back?
No. The Post-Secondary Education Support Program does not pay back student loans for prior years of study.
12. How much financial support can I get through the Post-Secondary Education Support Program?
The amount of financial support you are eligible to receive will vary depending on how many courses you are taking, the overall volume of applications received, and the amount of funding available.
13. Is there a fee for processing my application?
No. The application is free.
14. Where can I find my MNO Education and Training Regional office’s contact information?
You can find a list of the MNO Regional Offices and their contact information at this link here.
15. Do I need to send original documents with my application?
No. You do not need to send original documents with your application. During the online application process you will be asked to upload digital copies of the documents that are required.
16. How can I tell where my application is in the system?
After submitting your online application you can log back in to check the status of your application by logging into your account.
17. Can I send in a paper application form?
No. Applications are currently only accepted online. If you require accommodations in order to complete the application or have questions about the application process please email email@example.com
18. When is the application due?
Please see the Métis Nation of Ontario Program Application Portal for up to date information on all program and application deadlines.
19. How do I know if my application was received?
You will receive a confirmation email after you have completed the online application. Please check your junk and spam folders as sometimes the emails can end up there. If you have checked your junk folder and have still not received a confirmation email within 24 hours please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
20. I missed the deadline. Will you still accept my application?
Yes. However, once the deadline has passed you will only receive assistance if funding is still available. If you would like to submit an application after the deadline please contact us at email@example.com.
21. How are recipients selected to receive financial support?
Recipients are chosen to receive financial support through the following process. Once the deadline for application submission has passed the MNO Post-Secondary Education Support Program coordinators review the submitted applications. They will compile a list of the ones that meet the program requirements and from there provide recommendations to the MNO Director of Education and Training who will then review the selected applications and provide final approval.
22. How will I receive the financial support money?
Please ensure we have your correct and up-to-date contact information at all times. Funds will be deposited to the recipient’s bank account.
23. I’ve moved recently or some of my other personal information has changed. Who do I contact to update my information?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of any change to your personal information as soon as possible.
24. What if I withdraw from my Program after receiving funds or do not complete my Program?
Students who withdraw or do not complete their Program in the academic period for which they received assistance may be required to repay all or a portion of the funds they received.
Posted: February 25, 2020