24-HR Mental Health and Addictions Crisis Line (1-877-767-7572)
Let Us Help! The Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) is proud to offer a 24-hour Mental Health and Addictions (MHA) Crisis Line. For culturally specific mental health and addiction supports for adults, youth, and families in Ontario (available in English and French) please call: 1-877-767-7572. Once connected services can be delivered in person, over the phone, or by video conference.
For non-urgent matters, referrals to the MHA programs, or for help navigating mental health and addictions services in your community please contact our confidential support services:
- Children and Youth (ages 0 – 17): 613-217-3143
- Adults (ages 18+): 705-929-4753
- Toll Free Number: 1-800-263-4889
- Email: MHA@metisnation.org
Mental Health and Addictions Program
The MNO’s Mental Health and Addictions Program is offered Ontario-wide and includes a wide range of services and supports to Métis children, youth, and adults. Services are delivered in person, over the phone, or by video conference. The MHA Program provides access to comprehensive assessment, treatment, and follow up services from mental health and addictions professionals, many of whom are both and/or bilingual:
- Case management to ensure you receive the right service at the right time for the duration of your involvement with the Program
- Mental Health and Addictions assessment which includes digital dependency, gaming, and gambling support
- Individual counselling for crisis, trauma, stress, anxiety, depression, addiction, anger management, digital dependency, and gambling
- Couples counselling
- Family therapy and parenting coaching
- Addictions counselling
- Other psychiatry, psychology, and psychotherapy services
Individual counselling services are offered by Métis clinicians who provide services using a Métis cultural lens. The Program also works in collaboration with the MNO’s Education Advocacy Support Program to help support children and youth in reaching their highest potential within the school environment. This includes helping to provide access to speech pathology, behavioural therapies, occupational therapy, and tutoring as needed.
Mental Health and Addictions Community Program (Kingston, ON)
The MNO is also pleased to offer the Mental Health and Addictions Community Program in Kingston, Ontario. This Program is a single site community-based program specifically designed to help reduce the stigma associated with Mental Health and create opportunities for Métis and other Indigenous people in Ontario to co-create coping mechanisms in a non-expert setting. This Program is provided through a cultural lens in order to create connections that individuals and families may need to be involved with on their wellness journey.
CONTACT: To access this program or if you’d like to learn more please contact the MNO’s Mental Health and Addictions Program Coordinator Clarice Gervais by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613-549-1674 Ext. 302.
Updated: February 18, 2021