The Metis Nation of Ontario (MNO) is pleased to offer the Financial Literacy Program. This program is available to all MNO Citizens with the goal of improving the overall financial literacy and well-being of Metis individuals, families, and the Metis Nation as a whole. There are two streams involved with the Financial Literacy Program.
• Client-based: You have the opportunity to work one-on-one with a Financial Literacy Coordinator to work towards reaching your identified goals. The process begins with an assessment of your specific needs and goals, then all discussions and provided resources are specific to you and your needs. Contact us directly to enroll in this program.
• Community-based: The program also provides generic financial literacy information and materials through workshops, webinars, and resource creation and distribution. Keep an eye out on this webpage for updates.
To access our current available resources, please see the following links:
- **NEW** Free Tax Preparation 2023 (added February 2023)
- Financial Literacy Basics
- Budget & Saving Tips for Youth
- Understanding your Credit Score
- How to Protect Yourself from Fraud
- Deciding Whether to Purchase a Home
- Costs of Buying a Home
- Programs Available for First Time Home Buyers
- How to Save for Retirement
By increasing overall financial literacy, we hope to empower members of the Metis Nation to make sound financial decisions independently and achieve a greater sense of security and success in their financial undertakings. If there are financial literacy topics you’d like to learn more about, we’d love to hear your suggestions.
CONTACT: To access the Program’s services or to learn more about the Program, please contact the MNO’s Metis Housing Programs Team by email at email@example.com or by phone at (705) 722-5022 ext. 302
Posted: February 14, 2023